A BI team should have both Technology-oriented staff and those individuals (business-oriented staff) who can view “the big picture,” but are also able to “think out of the box” and be creative enough to ask different questions.
Candidates should exhibit mastery of the current infrastructure, and have the skills needed to draw out the business intelligence to be gained through linking the established technology, adding new functionality, deploying integration applications or initiating other IT efforts.
- BI tools and technologies (Cognos, BO etc.) understanding, development, deployment, support and maintenance of diverse business tools and technologies (such as analytic applications, corporate performance management, data mining, reporting or custom business intelligence applications).
- SQL programming, DBMS: Oracle, Sybase, Data Mining and Statistical tools Expert (Clementine, SPSS, Minitab etc.) and knowledge of a CRM platform (as Siebel MKT or other.)
- Data quality Creation of an Internal Audit Mechanism to monitor data arriving (Target System) from various external sources (Source System) using certain Key Performance Indicators ( KPIs ) on a daily basis in order to early identify problems and act upon them.
- Data integration skills and experience with deploying and using data integration tools to implement data acquisition, transformation, movement and delivery.
- Database architecture ability to create and design databases architecture loading data from various data sources (such as data warehouses, billing systems, CRM platforms etc.).
- Information architecture establishing the principles by which data management and content management activities can be executed, and establishing the goals, objectives and standards of the organization’s information architecture. The architect should be able to provide diverse options to address a need based on budget, time and resources.
- Data modelling the ability to create, document, reconcile and maintain logical and physical models, reflecting the state and use of data across the business.
- Project management experience of running and coordinating strategic IT projects that include both internal resources and outsourcing.